Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2014

hitched


I started meeting with a group of women, ironically about 6 weeks ago, exactly when some things in my life unraveled. At the first meeting, I just sat there and cried. And cried. And cried. 

One day, our leader used an analogy about a wagon being hitched to something and she challeneged us to think about where our lives are hitched; i.e. where do I put my hope...what do I value as first importance...who/what am I really hitched to?

I realized at that point that my life was hitched in the wrong place. 

This piece is about changing that. I used a child's wagon instead of a pioneer wagon because of its childlikeness. The wagon is empty because I've been emptied lately. Sunflowers signify 'false riches.' Yarrow signifies 'cure for a broken heart.' The wagon is hitched to the yarrow, the cure=Christ.

Text is Isaiah 55 and Poem by Loren Wiebe (by wagon). 

No comments:

Post a Comment