Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

For Good Reason



The theme for this entry in Riki's journal is 'bake.' Each page of her journal has a different word (theme) used in baking bread, such as: water, rise, yeast, flour, salt, etc. I chose BAKE. I was trying to think of something significant, deep, thoughtful...but when I told a friend about it, she said "shrinky dinks." Hmmmm, how literal. Okay. I can work with that. Actually this piece does have sweet significance. It comes from hours of conversation with a friend (not the shrinky dink friend) regarding pain. As I thought about the pain we face in this life, I was reminded of that verse in Psalms: You have kept count of my tossings, put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? It gives me hope that those tears are producing beauty in those bottles. The growing flowers are bluebells, signifying humility. The remaining text is from a song by JJ Heller. And the tears-in-bottles are created on a shrinky dink, of course. Baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment